Tuesday 7 June 2011

THE PERFECT OMELETTE RECIPE

I  got this perfect omelette recipe and method when I started my training as a chef I worked in a place called the Georgian Hotel in a place called Coatbridge. Apart from peeling huge bags of brussel sprouts and potatoes I also learned how to cook my first omelette. Ever since I have been making omelette as a snack and as a main meal. The great thing about an omelette is it is really quick and easy to make. Everyone has their own version and technique but here is mine, just for the record.



THE PERFECT OMELETTE RECIPE
3 Large Eggs
1/4 Cup Milk
Salt and Pepper
Butter

Fillings are your choice but my favorite is grated cheddar cheese, crispy smoked bacon and finely chopped onion but the choice is yours.

Put the eggs, milk and salt and pepper in a bowl and use a whisk to beat till the egg gets frothy. put a small - medium frying pan on the heat and wait till the pan is quite hot, at the same time put your grill on to a high heat. Put the butter in and once melted add the egg mixture. Using a fork stir the egg until it starts to get firm. Do not worry if it still looks a bit runny. Add the toppings of your choice then put under the grill for just a minute or so until all the egg looks set and it starts to rise a little. Take out from the grill and slide on to a plate folding the omelette in half as you go.
My favorite way to serve this is with hot buttered toast and a small fresh chopped tomato and onion side salad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment